Saturday, September 26, 2009

Week #4, Thing #9

I never used search tools to find RSS feeds before and I enjoyed exploring Technorati (http://technorati.com/) and Google Blog Search (http://blogsearch.google.com/).  It is very easy to search for information that is interesting to me in both my professional and personal life.  Following blogs through Google Reader makes this experience much more efficient.  I found the blog for School Library Journal to be very helpful as I am earning my library degree with the School Library Certification.  


According to Shelly, Cashman, Gunter, and Gunter (2008) "Blogs are affecting the manner in which people communicate, and some experts predict they will one day become our primary method of sharing information."  This is amazing to me, but I can see how blogs have grown in popularity over the last decade.  Many people use blogs for a variety of reasons and there is a lot of information to be shared.


Shelly, G. B., Cashman, T.J., Gunter, R. E., Gunter, 
     & Glenda, G. A. (2008). Integrating technology 
     and digital media in the classroom (5th ed.). 
     Boston: Course Technology.   

1 comment:

  1. thanks for noting the reading. It's usually better to have a few really good blogs than lots of uneven ones.

    ReplyDelete